Monday, July 9, 2012


Out of the Closet

Early in my marriage, my husband had bought me numerous lingerie outfits.  After awhile of them each only being worn once, he stopped.  I was sad that he felt the need to say he would no longer buy them for that reason. 

I mean, I did enjoy wearing them…on special occasions that is.  For me, it was a lack of desire and effort.  In part it was because I wasn’t happy with the way I looked.  Regardless of how sexy my husband thought I was, I just couldn’t see how he thought that.  That outfit didn’t look as good on me as it did the model in the picture.  In the beginning I was too thin.  Then after a few years, I was overweight and depressed.  Mostly brought on by meds or really when you get down to it….overeating. 

Several years ago my doctor yelled at me to lose some weight.  So I finally did.  I even kept it off because I finally felt sexy again.  My desire had gradually become better over the years but after I lost weight it was amazing.  The new zeal and energy was phenomenal.  I began going through my closet, tossing all my fat clothes and wearing clothes again that I hadn’t put on in years.  Yes that included all those lingerie gowns.  I’m sure they wanted to yell… “Yay, I’m finally out of the closet!” 

But like those old/new sexy clothes in the back of our closets… is our ability to teach the younger women how to be there for their husbands. It's not enough to say the Bible says you should love your husband and that's that.  


Titus 2:4 
so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,   

Let them know it's ok to be sexy for him.  Being sexy for our husbands keeps the devil away. Especially during those early years before our marriage has the chance to become strong.   
No I don't mean tell them private “details” obviously but I think we have clear examples in the scriptures that we would do well to keep in mind. 
Hebrews 13:4  
Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.   
If we can’t teach the younger women nor ourselves the importance of our sexual needs we may all be in jeopardy of defiling our marriages by letting the devil in with great temptations.  
So bring out those old or new lingerie outfits and enjoy being a sexy wife!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment