Friday, July 6, 2012



The Hot Soccer Mom

Soccer mom, cheerleading mom, 4-H mom, baseball mom, cub scout mom or a girl scout mom.  Whatever kind of young mom you may be, there is one fact we all have in common….we need to feel sexy.  Or at least we should want to.  Unfortunately we’ve all read or heard how we should be more worried about being a good mom than being some sex symbol sitting on the side lines.  

Don’t get me wrong…I think being a mom is VERY important.  However, being a happy sexy wife should be too.  I was once told our priorities should always be…


God, husband and then kids.  

I truly believe it too.  Happy parents equals happy kids.  

Our husbands need us to be sexy and feminine.  I’m not meaning wear a mini skirt and heels to your child’s soccer game.  Ok maybe the heels!  Unfortunately when we become a mom being a sexy wife goes out the window.  I know I thought only in terms of; everything I do, wear or speak about defines me as a “good mom”.  

Fact is, you may be a great mom too but we should ask ourselves, are we an equally great wife?  Does our children rule our time and pleasure?  Is our ever waking moment spent taking the kids here and there with a sprinkle of cleaning around the house with no time for intimate moments?  I thought being a good mom meant I was a great wife too.  I constantly asked myself…“But shouldn't my husband love me regardless of how often we’re together and besides, does sex really matter that much?”  I now understand…yes he should and yes, sex is VERY important to men but more importantly it should have been to me too.  

After counseling numerous women and living it…feeling sexy should be very important to a woman because a lack thereof causes depression and lack of libido.   If you find yourself already there my advice is to make sex a habit rather than a chore.  

Having health problems, I had lots of excuses not to.  Until one day I decided, my husband and I would be together every day no matter what.  It wasn’t over night but eventually it was no longer just a habit but a very good one.  

I know for some, it sounds extreme and a bit overboard but I look at it like this….you will not gain extra weight by NOT eating the yummy cake in front of you?  Neither will your libido gain “weight” or your depression improve if you never want to be intimate with your husband.  It takes effort.  

Even Ruth was told by Naomi to clean up and look nice for Boaz.  Why….he had already seen her working in the fields and thought she was beautiful?  The same reason we made an effort when we were teenagers.  So she would feel sexy and so he would find her more attractive because she felt confident in her sexuality.  

Think about this…that wife you judged as being a hot soccer mom more concerned with her looks, (who by the way may have been texting with her husband while he was working), probably went home and had an amazing intimate moment with him escalating their happiness and ultimately their kids.  So the next time you see a hot soccer mom, make sure you’re looking in the mirror.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment