Monday, July 9, 2012



Bed Bug Problems

Can’t get rid of those pesky little bed bugs?  No I’m not talking about any actual bed bugs rather I’m referring to those cute little bed bugs AKA…our children.  

My little bed bugs love to try and sneak in when they can.  I thought my Mom was horrible for always kicking me out of their bed. Now I know why.  1) I slept better in my own bed…well actually mother slept better with me in my own bed, 2) it’s really hard to be sexy and have an intimate moment with your husband if your kids are in bed every night with you. 



When is this a problem?




The problem isn't over a good night's sleep or when to be intimate exactly. However over the years, during my counseling of moms, I’ve heard many women say they would keep their children in bed for the sole purpose of deterring their husbands from even asking for intimate moments.  


When women get to this point they become like camels.  Each intimate moment can be stored up for days, weeks and even months before they NEED another one. 


THIS IS A...BED BUG PROBLEM.  Granted this problem is bigger than the kids sleeping in the same bed as you but it won’t help encourage overcoming the problem if you never have a night alone. 


1 Corinthians 7:3 
The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband 


Having noted this, getting by with as little as possible in fulfilling this duty is setting your husband up for temptations.  


If you’re looking for this excuse to call it quits hoping for the right to remarry I beg you to search your heart.  Find a way to love your husband and rekindle the fire.  Check that... “I've got a headache, too sleepy, too busy, I feel icky, etc” list of reasons and make sure they aren’t excuses.  You may find there are a lot more excuses than true reasons to not be intimate than a mere bug problem. 

Keep in mind, while a better night’s sleep for you and your child is important (if that's an issue), it should be more of a treat for your children on special occasions to be allowed in bed, rather than a special treat for your hubby for them to be gone.  


That is, unless you and your husband have agreed bed bugs are what you want.  :0) 


Remember…being sexy goes a long way for your self esteem and ultimately your marriage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment